Re: Cleaner for soft top windows

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cleaner for soft top windows
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 19:40:20 -0500
>I would like to try and clean some stains off the windows of my MGA 1600
>soft top kindly provided (at no extra cost I might add) by the PO.  Has
>anyone had to effect a similar cleaning?  I would be interested in what
>was used and the results.  Actually, any suggestions would be welcomed.
>There seems to be an assortment of discoloration, the most aggravating of
>which is what looks like red grease pencil (although it's not).

Eric,

You can purchase three different grades of "Novus" brand plastic polish from
any of the big British parts houses graded one, two, and three.  Number one
is the finest grade for routine cleaning and probably won't help get the
real crud off.  Try starting with number two and if results are still
unsatisfactory then go to number three which is the most aggressive.

Use a NEW soft cotton cloth and rub in a circular pattern.  Stop frequently
and wash the window with lots of soapy water as you don't want to grind any
loose grit back into the window.  Finish up with the finer polishes until
you are buffing with number one.  Voila!  Your window should sparkle if it
has any sparkle left in it!

Good luck!

Brian Schlorff
Power British        http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars

"Whadya mean it won't pass the smog test?!@*!  It's only a 948 and most of
the time #4 doesn't fire - how much pollution could three little cylinders
possibly make!"