Re: MGB Dashboard lights

To: jack@lucent.com
Subject: Re: MGB Dashboard lights
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 19:46:59 EST
  They won't burn out immediately, if that's a concern; at least they
didn't when I turned them on.  They seem to be able to take the
overvoltage long enough for you to realise that you don't want them that
bright. When you turn them down to a reasonable level, they're probably
getting less than 10v anyway. Since they were rated for 1000 hours, if
you get 1/10 of that you still have 100 hours, and that's more than 3000
miles at 30 mph.
  As to the list of things to take in your MGB spares kit for a 3000 mi
trip--guess we don't need to take spare instrument lightbulbs...
Bob