Chroming TD Radiator Shell Question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Chroming TD Radiator Shell Question
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 00:56:40 -0500 (EST)
I took the radiator shell off the old TD with re-chroming in mind. Took off
the louvers,  tried a magnet - nope not steel, did a little scraping on the
inside - yellow color. Good I thought, no problem chroming brass. I started
to wonder how the threaded studs were attached to the shell, the ones that
hold the louvers on. I thought that they must be braised on. I did a little
more scraping. Horrors, they're soldered on. How will this affect the
chroming process? Will the studs have to be removed and soldered back on
later? Somebody on the list must have gone though this.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - finally home after 2 years in shop, AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR
#7-3336