Re: wire wheel cleaning

To: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Subject: Re: wire wheel cleaning
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 08:23:25 -0800 (PST)
Dear Netters,

On Sun, 23 Nov 1997, Art Pfenninger wrote:

=%O     It does have hydrofluoric acid in it but less than.05% it is sold
=%Oas being safe for chrome wire wheels.

The "strength" of the hydroflouric acid isn't the toxicity problem. The
problem with HF acid is that it freely (more or less) passes through your
skin and then reacts with cellular Calcium, making it unavailable to your
body's biochemistry. You die in horrible agony if you get too much of this
stuff. I'd stay away, far away, from anything with HF in it.

 I've used it a few times a year for
=%Oa number of years without any problems. Thanks for the tip though I'll
=%Okeep it in mind when buying a new supply.
=%O...Art
=%O