Found 67' MGBGT for sale

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Found 67' MGBGT for sale
From: Don Markham <markham@netusa1.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 20:59:47 -0500
Greetings fellow listers,

    I was scanning the local (Central Indiana) trader paper
today looking for a decent parts car and found a 67 MGBGT
for sale for $700.00 OBO. Called and talked to the owner and
found got following info :British Racing Green with all
black interior, Body has only visible rust over rear wheels
and on both bumpers. Interior is good shape for it's age ?
Engine runs but real rough (says there is fuel system
troubles, He was able to get it running with an gas can and
a external fuel pump) Did I mention it also has Overdrive
(condition unknown). I am going to look at this tomorrow
evening, and am seeking some of the lists wisdom.

    Now for the questions,
A - Is $700.00 a fair price based on the description I was
given over the phone ?
B - What should I look for as far as problem areas?

Any help or suggestion will be gratefully accepted.
Thanks Don Markham
67 MGB GT  in 1,000,000 parts (seeking parts car)