MGA HEAD

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGA HEAD
From: Greg Jones <gjones@mvp.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 17:07:48 -0800
I have a 57 MGA and I have a headache.  Actually it is cracked between
all four cylinders.  I have found a magna fluxed for $125.  The questions
that I have are:  Should I replace the exhaust valves?  How about the
intakes?  All new seats seem to be a given.  Encluded with the head are
about 20 valves, and assorted springs etc.  Are they worth the postage?
What else should be done?  I am in southeast Missouri and the local
machine shop seems to know what to do on the head.  Is it worth sending
it to a shop who specializes in british engines? If so who.  I contacted
Engine Masters in Commerece City, CO.  I was quoted $300 or $400 to
rebuild a good magna fluxed head.  Does anyone know them?  How is the
Price?  Any help and advice will be welcome.

Greg Jones
headless in Missouri