re: Why an MG?/reply

To: MGMagnette@aol.com
Subject: re: Why an MG?/reply
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 18:15:05 -0600 (CST)
Hello John,
Oh I read your letter all right. I also read your latest drivel. The
fact is that if you have a GOOD MGB it is a very useable daily means of
transportation in NH or Florida and right here on Long Island. A "GOOD"
MGB is a well maintained vehicle that gets attention as needed. My 1975
MGB has a newly rebuilt engine (12,000 miles on it) and is as reliable
as any new car on the road. My 77 MGB will be just as reliable once
I've worked out all the bugs. What will it cost to work out these bugs?
Maybe $1000 or perhaps as with my 75 B $5,500.

My "knee jerk" answer was due to your comparison of MGs to other cars.
The majority of the people on this list are enthusiasts who keep their
cars in top condition and there are few cars in this kind of condition
that are NOT worth $5,000, $6,000 and in some cases $10,000 dollars.

Safety Fast, ( I have no lack of power in my Bs)
David Deutsch