Re: TR7 - Good , Bad or Ugly?

To: "KILE, PAUL D" <Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com>
Subject: Re: TR7 - Good , Bad or Ugly?
From: Peter Landy <plandy@idt.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 20:46:35 -0800
KILE, PAUL D wrote:

> There has been a lot of good vs. bad discussion about the TR7 the last
> few days, most centering on whether or not the car was any better or
> worse than its contemporaries.  Well, I think that the key to why the
> car is so universally hated by MG enthusiasts is not related to the car
> itself, but to the politics it represented.
...snip....

Paul, I don't know much about any kind of politics.  For whatever it's
worth I think the TR7 is just plain ugly.  I suspect the reason why
TR7's quality deteriorated because the people who assembled them had
their eyes on anything but this work of horror. Otherwise I think most
of the pre-seven Triumphs were cool LBCs.

Peter Landy
'74 Bgt