Re: TR7 - Good or Bad?

To: John McEwen <mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Subject: Re: TR7 - Good or Bad?
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 02:35:49 -0800
John McEwen wrote:
>  To think that the greatest auto and
> motorcycle names of Britain are dead and gone - Austin and Morris, BSA and
> Norton - is a sad commentary on the history of a great nation.  No other
> country stood by and witnessed such an amazing loss.

That's where I might have to differ on this argument.  Didn't Chrysler almost
disappear in the late eighties/early ninties?  I remember hearing rumours about
their
demise, but no talk of what would be done.  Thankfully, they pulled themselves
up by
the bootstraps and built the new Ram trucks.  If I'm wrong, please correct me,
this
is only what I had heard at the time.

Oh yes, please don't think for a second that I'm trying to compare Chrysler
with
Austin.  I might be dumb, but I isn't stupid.

--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College