Re: [Way off topic, likely to start a war as well...] Mac vs PC, minor L

To: John McEwen <mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Subject: Re: [Way off topic, likely to start a war as well...] Mac vs PC, minor LBC
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 01:52:08 -0500
John McEwen wrote:
> I don't disagree with anything you say - about today.  What I'm talking
> about is what the Macintosh began and represented.  To claim that the IBM
> clones do anything a Mac does, and better, represents the state of
> evolution reached and ignores the 13 years which have elapsed.

  Mac users have selective memories as well. You don't hear many
admit that the Amiga licked it hands down through those years, but
never sold well enough to go mainstream.

> When I stated that all computers today are Mac clones, I meant that the
> ultimate functionality - the way the normal user accesses and works with
> the machine - is based on Mac concepts of user simplicity.

  Again, not Mac concepts. Mac stole it from Xerox. Everything is
stolen from somebody else, you can't claim to be robbed from
unless you admit to stealing yourself.

  Apples are good computers for non-computer types, the way
minivans are good cars for non-car types. If you want more
than the basics, you move up.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada