Re: Computer Dweeb Thread (winter LBC topic)

To: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Subject: Re: Computer Dweeb Thread (winter LBC topic)
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 02:39:36 -0500
... as I come dashing to the aid of Trevor:

>Hello Listers:
>
>One of the great things about todays nerds is that they no longer talk
>English or anyother recognizable means of human communication.  Does this
>mean that they evolved into a new species.  I hope this won't mean
>intermarriage.

What a crummy thing to say. Unfortunately, debate about computers requires
some computer knowledge. Use of the computer and the internet SHOULD
require some knowledge. Otherwise, stay on AOL.

Point of the matter is, you made a point, and Trevor and I responded. You
bitch to the list because you don't understand what we're talking about?
Jeez. Now I know why I don't do telephone tech support - I don't like
dealing with the "I don't care to learn anything,  just fix it." mentality.

For the record, I am also an English major in college. =)

BEN RUSET
89 Mercury Cougar
78 MGB Roadster
Crossroads - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset