Frame Paint

To: mhirsch1@FAIRVIEW.ORG
Subject: Frame Paint
From: Robert Arndt or Tricia Blossom <rcateb@mc.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 10:49:51 -0600
Mike, I'm in the process of refurbising my '60 MGA and repainted the
frame about one year ago.  The frame was sandblasted to bare and clean
metal.  I'm a Dupont guy and used Dupont self etch primer for basecoat
and finished with Imron gloss black.  It's a great durable finish but
finished very glossy.  However the frame has been sitting, sometimes
covered, and the dirt and dust has given the paint a nice frame
patina-not too glossey and not too dull. Similar PPG products would
probaly do as well but as I said I'm hooked on Dupont.  As always wear
proper ventilator and clothing else your estate will be selling your
project postmortum.  Good luck