Re: Frame paint

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Frame paint
From: "Leigh Egbert" <leigh@eznet.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 15:01:23 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Schaefer <crschaef@mc.net>
To: MIKE HIRSCHMAN <mhirsch1@FAIRVIEW.ORG>
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Friday, December 05, 1997 4:35 PM

>MIKE HIRSCHMAN wrote:
>>
>> What did you use to prepare and paint your MG frame?  Anybody use
>> Eastwoods Corroless or their Chassis Black paint?  Any
>> recommendations.  Thanks in advance for your comments.  Mike

Mike,
When I did the frame of my TC several years ago I washed,sandblasted,cleaned
the entire frame. Then went over the whole thing with Metal-Prep and Ditzler
Acryli-Clean.  The next step was to spray the frame with Ditzler  DP epoxy
etching primer, after which I sprayed the unit with regular sanding primer.
The final coat of paint was black Urethane enamel, which gave the frame as
corrosion proof and scratch proof a finish as I could come up with.
Leigh
46 TC  0485
48 TC