Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #935 Mon Dec 8 15:39:37 MST 1997

Subject: Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #935 Mon Dec 8 15:39:37 MST 1997
From: "Joseph M. Cianciotti" <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 97 19:27:28 -0800
pat bailey wrote:

>>If you have a pre 74 you will only have to get it smogged when sold.

And later on...

>>This will be a typical state fiasco.

Now I've heard numerous reports about the new smog rules.  First my
mechanic says that pre-74 cars would only have to be smogged when they
change hands, like Pat writes here.  Then an article in Moss Motoring
says that pre-74 cars will not have to be smogged and make it seem like
they will never have to be smogged again at all.  Then my mechanic says
that pre-74 cars will never have to be smogged again.  But that they'll
probably be more agressive with the "sniffing stations."  And now Pat
here brings me back to first base.  "Who's one first?  I don't know.  No,
he's on third base."  This is already a typical state fiasco. What
exactly is the policy?

Joseph
67 Roadster.