RE: MG trip to England (Going off topic to Brewing Art)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, philip.raby@eos-magazine.com
Subject: RE: MG trip to England (Going off topic to Brewing Art)
From: Chris Nevard <spridgeteer@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 01:11:32 -0800 (PST)
---Philip Raby <philip.raby@eos-magazine.com> wrote:

> On 11/12/97 9:02 am hert@worldaccess.nl said
>
> >Belgium makes the best beers in the world. You haven't lived until
you've
> >tasted Leffe or Duvel.
> I'd agree that Belgium makes some of the best lagers, but for a good
pint
> of bitter, come to England....
>
> Philip Raby
> Editor, MG World
> PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
> Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361

I Think most Belgians would be mortified if you call Leffe or Duvel
'lagers', they are top fermented brews very similar to English ale.
Only the tourists really drink the lager. Most cafe's in Belgium have
a 'beer menu' with a choice of anything up to 100 + ales. - Try the
Trappist brews or if you're bold go for the unfiltered 'Geueze' by
Cantillon - makes a pickled egg something you give to the baby by
comparison.

==
Chris Nevard

"ELECELLERATION  - The mistaken notion that the more you press an elevator
button, the faster it will arrive."

<http://www.mgcars.org/cambs.mgoc/images2/chris.jpg>
Work <nevardc@sky4.bskyb.com> Other <spridgeteer@yahoo.com>