Re: MG, Drinking Guide to England

To: bradleys <bradleys@vdn.com>, MgList CARS <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MG, Drinking Guide to England
From: Chris Nevard <spridgeteer@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 01:37:28 -0800 (PST)
---bradleys <bradleys@vdn.com> wrote:

> Dear Chris, Philip, and all of the Beer lovers out there,
>
> I'm wondering if I'm the only CAMRA member in NO. California. Are
there
> any more CAMRA MG folks out there?

 . . . Well thats two!

>The CAMRA paper," What's Brewing" is a
> great paper and well worth the membership dues. The paper makes
wonderful
> reading and CAMRA is doing a fine service to lovers of real ale.  I
just
> learned the surprising fact that the Nomura Corp. of Japan now owns
over
> 6,000 pubs in Britain and the Brits are getting a taste of sushi
bars and
> "Jappy Hour". I hope I can get to England again before the only
beers I
> can get are "Asahi" and "Nippon".
>
> The young folks in the Pacific Northwest have started a nationwide
trend
> of excellent microbreweries and Brew pubs.  My local, where they have
> Fuller's ESB on draught, is five miles away but it's worth the
drive.

 . . .  The 'real' version  -  definately a taxi back!

> They also stock cider and, your ever popular "Old Peculiar" in
bottles.
> Baing a British style Pub in California, their Shepherd's Pie is
topped
> with salsa over the mash.

 . . . Pizza Hut had "Pizza with Cumberland Sausage and Real ale" got
into all sorts of trouble when it turned out that the ale was out of a
tin and not real!

We have US style restaurants over here with 'British style service'.

> Have you noticed the Beer billboards and the Michelob ads lately? The
> young American public seems to be getting Bud and Coors playing
catch-up.

> Cheers and Banzai!
>
> Neil "I'll have another" Bradley

Cheers mate!!
==
Chris Nevard

"If all your cattle have been rustled by brigands, all your money has been lost
in a foolish investment, and your spouse is  persistently unfaithful. It does
not necessarily men that your house will not burn down"

<http://www.mgcars.org/cambs.mgoc/images2/chris.jpg>
Work <nevardc@sky4.bskyb.com> Other <spridgeteer@yahoo.com>