MGF? No, merci

To: MGS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGF? No, merci
From: Donald Scott <scottdon@napanet.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 19:23:58 -0800
Comments from Mike:

>I just returned from a week-long visit in Paris.  I had a great time and
>everything, including the weather, was wonderful.  I made an effort to rent
an MGF for a couple of days while in France, but to no avail.  I did,
however, manage to inspect one that was parked on the street.  I must
confess, when I first saw the MGF, I did not like
>it.  I thought it looked too much like every other new sports car.  This
>particular car was BRG, LHD, and gorgeous.  It was parked next to a
>little Italian restaurant just off of the Champs-Elysees.  Now I really
>wish that they were for sale in the US.

I've never seen an MGF in the flesh, only in magazine photos.  The Mazda
Miata seems more like the proper evolutionary successor to the MGB in both
looks and concept.  The MGF with its ungainly appearance mid-engine seems
more like an updated Fiat 850 or something.

I have driven MGB's for 25 years, and still own one.  Last year I bought a
'91 Miata and it is a fine automobile.  Too bad the British couldn't have
built it.

Don Scott