Re: Party Online - a Curmudgeonly view of chat

To: "KILE, PAUL D" <Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com>
Subject: Re: Party Online - a Curmudgeonly view of chat
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 11:20:20 -0800
KILE, PAUL D wrote:

> What do you think the chances are of finding the wonderfully detailed
> treatises of Bill Eastman or Rick Feibusch on a chat line?  Or the
> excellent "X-Files Xmas" of Tom Buchanan?  Not much.

        As the goofball who decided that this would be pretty cool, I'll
explain why.
 The biggest thing would be the real-time chat where we could ask questions and
get
info right that very second.  Another advantage would be the ability to chat
about
whatever we wanted without fear of the self-elected list gestapo attacking.
Not only
that, the MG List folks have a different attitude than most chatters, and I
would hope
we could have some decent conversations.  I use chatting to talk to a buddy of
mine
who moved away from my college last year.  We get on and talk about our glory
days
for hours for half the price of a long-distance phone call.
        It seemed like a perfect medium for enjoying some of the resident
personalities on this list.  It would just be relaxed, without any limits or
day-later
        As for not finding any good stuff - who knows?  Your letter would be
pretty
good if you typed it in!

--
Michael S. Lishego - Loyal MGB owner and goofball
St. Andrews Presbyterian College