Re: Party Online - a Curmudgeonly view of chat

To: mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu
Subject: Re: Party Online - a Curmudgeonly view of chat
From: Teacher122 <Teacher122@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 19:00:13 EST
In a message dated 97-12-17 11:27:39 EST, mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu writes:

<< As the goofball who decided that this would be pretty cool, I'll explain
why.
  The biggest thing would be the real-time chat where we could ask questions
and get
 info right that very second.  Another advantage would be the ability to chat
about
 whatever we wanted without fear of the self-elected list gestapo attacking.
Not only
 that, the MG List folks have a different attitude than most chatters, and I
would hope
 we could have some decent conversations.  I use chatting to talk to a buddy
of mine
 who moved away from my college last year.  We get on and talk about our glory
days
 for hours for half the price of a long-distance phone call.
        It seemed like a perfect medium for enjoying some of the resident
 personalities on this list.  It would just be relaxed, without any limits or
day-later
        As for not finding any good stuff - who knows?  Your letter would be
pretty
 good if you typed it in!

 -- >>
No need to explain!  This is better than a delete key!  Those who don't want
in, don't come.  Those who do, hope to see you on the net!
My $.03 worth,
Tom Green