Re: K Series engine in B ?

To: Phil Vanner <Phil@8.medpower.com>, MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: K Series engine in B ?
From: Simon Bosworth <simon@hpi50.dsddhc.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 11:37:36 -0600

Phil Vanner wrote:

> It's been done, in street and full-race form.  See MG World issue 1
>
> Phil Vanner
> And A Midget with Dreams

Hello all,

  Here is the scoop.  I think I might have to look for a cheaper
alternative to this :-(

<hello Simon,
yes we can supply you a built up 1.8 k ready to fit,cost depends on spec.
The 1.8 as fitted in the mg f mpi fitted to a 5 speed box running on 2x40
dcoe webers produces 136 BHP at the wheels,and will cost uk£6000 for all
new parts (carrage extra) this is designed to fit 74> cars, early cars
will require engine mountings and radiator mounting from the later cars
fitting. Hope to have a web site in mid january,if you require info
earlier.email your address and i will post you a fact sheet and quote.
if you require something realy exotic,the 1.8 vhpd is now available but
at a cost the engine is uk£6495(standard engine is uk£1993)
 Regards, Tony