fuel pump

To: BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: fuel pump
From: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 18:36:03 -0500 (EST)
I have one of those pumps in my B.  It will fit in the normal pump
location, if you modify the mounting lug to fit through the hole in the
trunk floor.  It works just fine.  I would have put an SU in it, but mine
failed as I was heading out on a road rally in Indy.  Lucky for me it
didn't fail a half mile sooner, or  I would have been stranded on the front
strait of the old Brickyard.  I digress.  This little solid state thing
survived the rally, and about 100 miles so far.  I had to park her when I
got home, due to a stuck brake caliper, and I won't really know any more
until springtime.  Then she'll be my daily driver again.  With a shiny new
paint job, too.  While I'm on the subject, anybody have experience with
Redi-Strip?  It's a real pain removing those 3 old coats of paint by hand!

Calvin Krug