Bon Ami as abrasive

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bon Ami as abrasive
From: qualitas@juno.com (jack Feldman)
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 14:14:00 -0600
Well folks, I thought the thread about putting an abrasive into your car
was a bit much. I am now a believer. From Geof Healy's THE HEALY STORY,
page 137:

 "The problems were due to the higher film strength of new oils, which
prevented the proper bedding of the rings and bores during the running-in
period. The Americans dealt with the problem by introducing a small
quantity of a mild abrasive through the plug holes, their favourite being
Bel (sic) Ami. ...this proved to be a very effective solution."

OK, I am now a believer.

BTW, what are the magic words to sign up on the Healy Digest. If I don't
come to my senses, I may  buy a car that was made at the MG plant in
Abbington that is not an MG. Oh-Healy said that he and his father were
opposed to letting Austin move production to Abbington, but after it was
done he was well pleased with the workmanship. He also mentions that the
Austin folks ruled the Morris/Austin combine of BMC, and the Morris
people got slighted because Austin could put a car together a lot faster
than the Morris people at Abbington.

Jack