Re: Gas tank woes

To: Blake Wylie <bwylie@hiwaay.net>
Subject: Re: Gas tank woes
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 18:50:04 +0000
As long as we're talking about gas tanks, here's a bit of info to watch
out for when you buy a new one.
Replaced the tank on my 67BGT today finally.
Old one had to be replaced during the resto as it was hit from behind
and crushed in more than I wanted to repair(old gas fumes).
In getting it secured underneath(thanks to all for the fiber washer
sequence info), I attempted replacement of the filler neck and rubber
hose connection. I couldn't get the gas filler neck gasket to properly
seal on the outside as the filler neck out of the tank was at the WRONG
ANGLE!
Anyone else have this problem with replacement tanks. I also noticed
that these tanks don't have the drain plug as the old ones had.

Cheers,
Dave Houser