Re: Help with speedo issues

To: aramm@concentric.net
Subject: Re: Help with speedo issues
From: "Reece Causey" <reecau@whidbey.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 11:01:37 +0800
Contact one of the instrument rebuilders (I think there are a couple on both
east and west coasts of the US -- see the Monster list --
http://www.dimebank.com/monster/vendors.html). They will send you a form to
fill in which tells you how to determine the speedo gearing you need. Then send
the form and your old speedo to them for recalibration. If you plan on changing
tire/wheel sizes, do that before you calculate the information for
recalibration. Alternatively, if you are in an LBC-wrecking-yard-rich area of
the world, you may be able to find a speedo from an OD B which will register
closer to reality and fit your dash. There's a number stamped on the face of
the speedo which, from my admittedly faulty memory banks, is either 12## or
10##. You would need a speedo stamped with whichever number yours isn't. And
being 30 years old (or more), it may need a rebuild, too, so might as well just
go for the first suggestion.

Regards,
Jerry Causey
1967 MGB GT which also has an LH OD gearbox