SU balancing

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SU balancing
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 01:49:52 -0800
Hello all!
        I had a little question about how to get my SU's balanced and in
correct
tune.  I would like to buy a synchronizer, but it seems like a waste of money,
considering I have this vacuum gauge sitting right here 8-)...Has anyone used a
vacuum
gauge to synchronize their SU's?
        Here's my theory:  Remove the hoses that ventilate the crankcase on the
SU
HIF's.  Plug one of them, and attach the vacuum gauge to the other one.  Check
it's
reading against the other carb, and adjust from there.  If the carb is running
lean,
will the vacuum pressure be higher or lower?  This is an off the wall question,
but
does anyone know the vacuum pressure that SU's are supposed to exhibit?
        In other MGB related news, I sanded the floor and covered it with
rustoleum
today.  It looks much better than the PO's rust and primer job.  I'll probably
carpet
the car soon also!...The wooden side rails and arm rest have been finished.
After
four coats of poly, they look great!  Anyone with some decent wood working
skills and
some spare hardwoods might want to check out the possibility of doing this
yourself...
Enjoy the Holidays!
--
Michael S. Lishego