History of the MGB, Japanese style. <LONG>

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: History of the MGB, Japanese style. <LONG>
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 13:58:58 -0800 (PST)
Greetings one and all, I'm back from an Island excursion for a family
Christmas gathering.  Santa was good to me.  He replaced my stolen Dremel,
brought Brooklands books on the TC and the GT, my daughter surprised me with
a mouse pad with a photo of my TC perched on a dune on the Oregon coast with
the Pacific and the hulk of one of its vitims in the back ground, and a good
quality Japanese 1/24 scale model kit of an MGB.

While attempting to find some peace and quiet amidst the frenzied goings-on
of assorted neices, nephews, cats, and in-laws all exploring their newest
and loudest electronic gew-gaws Christmas morning I opened the kit and
examined the bits inside. I looked over the assembly instructions and then
read the history of the MGB on the cover.  It took a couple trys to get into
the swing of it but by the time I was finished my sides were aching with
laughter.  I include it below for your edification and/or entertainment.
It's rather long but well worth the effort.  Spelling, punctuation,
capitalization, spacing and grammar are faithfuly reproduced here. Read it
carefully.

===========QUOTE==============

                                        <M.G. Series, MGB>

MG comes from "Morris Garages" which was established as one of motorcar
disticutors, and was one of famous Brands that represented British Sport Cars.

Being different form other British Sport cars, MG with the octagonal emblem
was never a prize beyond the common people's reach.

By assembling the massp roduced parts made in a parent company Morris, with
a proper layout and design they tired and succeeded in building up a "Light
Weight Sport Car" or MG, the young who didn't have much money could obtain.

MG, manufactured with a proper design and under their slagon "Safty Fast",
became so familiar with people from all works that MG was called as "A Text
Book of Sport Cars."  While MG succeeded in raising its reputation, it
declined the price of Sport Cars.

"MGB", MG successively brought out in September 1962 after famous "MGA" was
also one of the most popular sport cars in the world through 1960's and 1970's.

continued .....

  Ross (still laughing) MacPherson
 1947 MG-TC 3528
 1966 MGB-GT