Re: Getting rid of rodents,,,W/O Cats!

To: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Getting rid of rodents,,,W/O Cats!
From: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 13:53:25 -0800
Mike...

We had a similar problem at Darlin's garage site. Actually been fighting
the problem for several years. Bummer...

I use Just One Bite. Works faster than D-Con... several days, as opposed to
weeks. I was keeping a dish full just ahead of the boot after I found nests
under the bonnet and behind a seat. Apparently the buggers had found
something more tasteful to eat than the seats and carpet, thank you!

The dish was empty every time I went back to check on it, so I brought Lil'
Darlin' to my house.

I'm going to talk to DOS about putting a cat or two over there. I can see
no other way to solve the problem. Moth balls help, but if you have to work
in the area.... Well... It it works, you can probably stand the odor of the
camphor. Only problem with cats is when their job is done, what are we
going to do with them?? Not fair to the cats.

We did find two snakes in the attic. Now there's an ecosystem for you! And
we left them right where they were. Problem is snakes don't eat that often.
I'm sure they are making their contribution to solving the problem. Snakes
AND cats?? Might work.

Good luck in your search for a solution...

Carol