Re: MGA superiority

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGA superiority
From: Christopher Palmer <ctp@gbn.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 10:17:19 -0800
Bill Eastman wrote:
>So apparently the rest of the world is coming to its senses!
>This is all good news for the MGA but it is worrisome also.  I would hate
>to think that such a nice little car would become the latest victim of over
>pricing and trailer queen restorations.

VERY WORRISOME INDEED!

Hopefully that mania will never attack the spridgets which I can still
afford.  My father is a Corvair restorer, Corvair club member, etc. and his
club has agreed to try to keep the prices down by not paying way too much
for a Corvair or gouging someone on a sale.  He is also a '57 chevy
nut...these cars WERE affordable a little while back, but now have been
priced, in many cases, out of the hobbyists reach.

I love many LBCs, but I let the world continue thinking that they are
unreliable, hard to get parts for, need to be worked on constantly, no
mechanics will touch them, etc.  so that I can continue to afford them.  I
could afford an MGA right now...in a couple of years (IF the price mania
hits) there will be no way.

As much as I would like to get up on my soapbox and shout out to the world
about how wonderful LBCs are, I know I don't dare because someday we (the
people who have always loved and cared for the LBCs) wont be able to afford
them or protect them from the onslaught of the lemmings trying to get in on
whatever is the latest cool thing...

OK...soapbox mode off...hope you all had a great holiday.

I took the '69 Midget for a drive on Xmas morning...beautiful day...blue
skys (SF Bay Area :)...loads of fun.  We're puting a new diff in it on Jan
1 so that screaming noise will go away.

CTP