What is this?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: What is this?
From: rfeibusch@loop.com (Rick Feibusch)
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 17:35:10 -0800 (PST)
Joe Fernandez asks:

>Another winner- yesterday it rained.  I was prepared for a few leaks in
>the roof, but I also had a leak from underneath the steering column, from
>right out of the wiring harnesses.  Where could this possibly be coming
>from and what should I do? 77MGB

Dear Joe -
My guess is that the drains in your scuttle (cowl, to the Yanks) vent have
been blocked by leaves etc. and the water is backing up and getting out
through holes under the dash. My '73 MGB used to fill my shoes with water
until I fixed this problem. Moss (and others) sell a plastic winter cover
for the vent that will also keep out the water. See you on the Funway! -
Rick Feibusch - Venice, CA