Still having clutch problems...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Still having clutch problems...
From: Ron Madurski <rmadursk@galaxy.galstar.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 22:09:56 -0600 (CST)
Here is what I have done so far.  As a review I was having problems with
the slave cylinder not disengaging the clutch.  I cut up the plunger
from the old slave cylinder to make up the slack in the mechanism.

there were some suggestions on what to look for:

Worn Pushrods - Bothe the master and slave pushrods are in good
condition.

Worn bushings - they all sem OK.

One odd thing to me is that the clutch lever can be moved in and out
about an inch.  Is this bad?

The clutch is acting strangely now.  Once I fire up the engin I cannot
get the car to go into gear.  I can start it in gear and take it out of
gear but it will not go back into gear.  I am working on getting a
slightly longer spacer in the slave as an adjustment but I don't hold a
lot of hope for it.

Any problems to be encountered when I end up pulling the engine to fix
this properly?

--
Ron Madurski
rmadursk@galaxy.galstar.com