Re: MG 1999

To: Skye Poier <skye@jungle.direct.ca>
Subject: Re: MG 1999
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 18:52:29 -0800 (PST)
At 06:14 PM 12/30/97 -0800, you wrote:

>> >Anyone have information on this? Is this a rally starting in Vancouver or
>> >a car show?  I'm interested as Vancouver happens to be my home town :)
>>
>> Just to muddy the waters further, GoF West `99 will be here in Vancouver
>> too. Well, Whistler actually, but it's just up the road a ways.
>
>Whats GoF West '99 then??  Tease.

Skye,

Gathering of the Faithful (GoF) is an annual all MG festival/convention
originated by the New England MG T Register (NEMGTR) many years ago.  It's
become divided into East and West due to the distances involved and has
lately been copied such that there is now a Texas GoF and, I'm sure, others.
It's really a T series event but each year there are more and more A's, B's
and Midgets.  It lasts four days, consists of tours, rallys, tech sessions,
funkhanas, dinners, dances and all manner of good times with like minded
people.  Last year (my first) was in the Columbia River Gorge in Oregon,
this year was in Park City, Utah, next year is in Monterey Calif and in `99
it's at WHISTLER! and we (The Vancouver Pre `56 MG Club) are the hosts.

MG`99 I believe, is a similar event put on by the NAMGBA aimed mostly at A's
and B's. It's being hosted by the Vancouver chapter of the Canadian Classic
MG club. I used to belong to that group but I dropped out, it just wasn't my
cup of tea. I'm not yet a member of NAMGBA but I hope to rectify that soon
(I'll be in touch, David).  I'll look for you at Van Duesen next spring and
hopefully see you at Whistler too.  Do you go on the Vancouver-Whistler All
British Run?  If not check it out next year.  Always lots of AMAZING lbc's
come out of the woodwork for that one and they all drive the 150 mile round
trip!

GoF `98  -
         http://www.briefaccounting.com/mg/gof_98/gof.htm

Vancouver Whistler All British Run  -