Re: Another $400 5-weekday paint alternative (was: $400 4 weekend paint

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Another $400 5-weekday paint alternative (was: $400 4 weekend paint (rather long))
From: jello@dns.ida.net (Phil Bates)
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 11:10:06 -0700
>In regards Wade's excellent do-it-yourself $400 paint article, I just wanted
>to suggest a viable alternative to those who would lack the confidence of
>spraying a paint gun himself.  It is... Maaco!  Yes, that's right, the
>sometimes-maligned national franchise...

A friend that was quite the home auto hobby type, and an excellent car body
worker once said to me, "the best paint sprayers in the world work at Earl
Schieb."  I kind of laughed it off, and he said, "Any body man knows the
secret to a good job is in the prep.  They don't do much prep at Earl
Schieb, and that's why they have a bad reputation.  Those Earl Schieb paint
sprayers, though, have painted more cars than anyone can imagine.  And they
get very good at spraying.  You can get a great paint job there if you do
your own prep, and specify the proper paint."

Phil Bates
58 MGA
67 MGB
75 Jaguar XJ12C