Re: Re:Piper Cam was: Chrome vs. Rubber

To: "Ken Roach" <ken.roach@sk.sympatico.ca>,
Subject: Re: Re:Piper Cam was: Chrome vs. Rubber
From: "Stuart Hellis" <health4u@connect.ab.ca>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 15:51:41 -0700
Hi:  Although new to this list, I've owned Bumble, our '77 RBB, Yellow with
black stripes (Bumble Bee?) since 1986.  Bumble is in for some major
restoration at present.  However, during her sojourn with us, we have redone
the engine.  Bored 20 thou, flat top pistons, removal of pollution control
including cat, Vizard (sp.?) 3/4 race cam, double valve springs, head shaved
1/10 inch (approx. 10.0 : 1), and chromolley lifters.  Twin HS4's.  We did
not have any problem with valve clearance.

Rather lumpy at idle, but comes on the cam at 3,000, and pull strongly to
7,000.  I haven't pushed it beyond that.  No fuel cut-out like on the Miata.

Happy New Year, and Back to lurking.

Stuart Hellis
Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA
'77 MGB (Bumble)