fan motor

To: MG Enthusiasts <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: fan motor
From: "Michael F. Adamson" <madamson@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 11:13:08 -0500
Robert at ROBRTM3 <ROBRTM3@aol.com> wrote:

>>Dear List,

>>My 77mgb has a burned out electric fan motor, should I replace/repair t=
he
>>original fan motor or should I install a new after market electric fan?=

>>Which would be the better move?

Robert,

I had the same problem on my '77B and elected to replace the motor. =

However, you could probably obtain suitable brushes from an electric moto=
repair shop and there is an exploded view of the motor itself and full
instructions for troubleshooting/repair in chapter 2 of the Haynes manual=

(page 63?). =

My second choice was taking it to an electric motor repair shop and I sti=
ll
might do it with the one I took off so I can have a spare when the other
original motor goes.

Regards,

Michael.