Re: Driving lamps, etc.

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Driving lamps, etc.
From: "Tom Reichard" <tom@lakemurray.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 15:55:44 -0500
At 10:25AM on 1/2/98 Mike Hartwig said:
> but these are driving lamps;  not headlights.  The beam is  highly
> focused and does not scatter.  They are meant to light up the road well
ahead
> of me.  Unless I completely drop the ball and aim these at oncoming
> drivers, no light will ever hit the opposing lane of traffic.
I guess that assumes you intend to only drive on straight and level roads
from now to eternity, or at least never go around a right hand curve
(assuming you're in the USA) with the lights on. The fact is that bright,
highly focused beams of driving lights very often find themselves in the
eyes of oncoming traffic in the real world.
Tom