Re: American Sports Car Trivia (no LBC)

To: gardner7@pilot.infi.net
Subject: Re: American Sports Car Trivia (no LBC)
From: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 17:37:24 EST
In a message dated 98-01-05 15:55:32 EST, gardner7@pilot.infi.net writes:

> Well, I'd have to do more research to be sure, but I thought that
>  the delay was due to time overuns in developing the next generation
>  of Corvettes.  As for whether what they did constituted "continuous
>  production", I think it's kind of a semantics game.  If they had
>  continued to produce identical cars for ten years, rather than just
>  two, and sold them all as 1983 Corvettes, would you still call that
>  continous production?

Scott,

Yeah, you're right, but what the heck - semantics can be fun too! In fact, I
thought that was the whole point of your question.

All cars have a break in production between major model changes for re-tooling
of the assembly line. Usually, though, it is only a matter of a few weeks at
most, usually one or two. By that criteria, no American car has been
continuously produced for more than just a few years - not the Mustang, the
Thunderbird, or any of the other cars mentioned.

Here are a couple of other questions good for a free beer:

How many months have 30 days? answer - 11

How many years did Johnny Cash spend in prison? Answer - zero

This ought to be good for a few rounds on the list. Anyone else have any?

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74