RE: American Sports Car Trivia (no LBC)

To: "'Phil Bates'" <jello@dns.ida.net>,
Subject: RE: American Sports Car Trivia (no LBC)
From: Eric Houkal <erictw@mcs.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 06:45:03 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From:   Phil Bates [SMTP:jello@dns.ida.net]
Sent:   Sunday, January 04, 1998 10:58 PM
To:     David F. Darby
Cc:     mgs@autox.team.net

>Hello Scott:
>
>Well, the Corvette has been around since '53, but they didn't have a =
coupe
>until '63 or so. TBirds became miniature limos in the 70's, so I'm =
goin'
>waaaay out on a limb, displaying my ignorance, including our Canadian
>friends in the term *America,* and guessing Avanti?
>
>David F. Darby ( I knew I should have been paying attention to American
>cars.)

I doubt that.  I believe the Avanti went out of production in 1988 or =
so.  I=20
think they started in about 62, and there was no convertible until the =
mid=20
80's.  So the 'vette has it over the avanti for number of years =
available in=20
either form.  I think the answer was the Thunderbird, but one could =
argue=20
whether it was a sports car or not for the last 15 or 20 years of its=20
existence. =20

Now a different and somewhat related question - which still has no =
relavence=20
to british cars or mgs.  What was the first fiber-glass bodied 'merican=20
car??  Anyone know that one.
=20
Phil Bates
58 MGA
67 MGB
75 Jaguar XJ12C
66 Land Rover
52 MG TD replicar (VW)
86 Peugeot 505 Turbo Gle
86 Honda Accord LX-i

[Eric Houkal]   Kaiser Darrin, You are all forgetting that there was no =
'83 Vette, thereby blowing away continuous production. I'm not gonna =
venture a guess because "sports car" and "sports coupe" are just too =
vague .