Re: Beautiful orange GT's

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, scottdon@napanet.net
Subject: Re: Beautiful orange GT's
From: Jon Larsen <jon.larsen@mnplan.state.mn.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 10:09:26 -0600
Don,

It is interesting that your wife says that it looks like baby poop. I stopped
to talk with an MG owner, at a shoppnig center, about the color of his car. It
was original, and sort of pea-soupy green. I don't remember the year exactly,
but it was about a 72-74 roadster. When I asked him what color it was, he said,
"I dunno. Poop Green?"

 Anybody know what 'poop' color this is?

Without an actual color chip by the name, when I look at the color lists by
year I can't decide what it was supposed to be.

Did MG in particular have a 'thing' about poopy colors back them, or did we all
seem to lack taste in that era, when judged by the current preference in
colors?  I seem to recall some strange colors on Pintos and Comets, among
others.

Regards,

Jon Larsen
79 MGB roadster (KGB Blue, ..er I mean Pageant Blue)

At 09:50 PM 1/5/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Nice car, John.
>Ok, now I have a question. Since this GT is a '73 as is the roadster I'm
getting, can someone tell me what the difference is between "Butterscotch"
and "Blaze"???

Snipping more of same...

>So, why so cheap?  Basically, the color, which is original, turns stomachs.
>Also, its a GT with Rostyles and not a Tourer with Wires.
>
>http://members.aol.com/MGMagnette/mgpics/exterior.jpg
>http://members.aol.com/MGMagnette/mgpics/interior.jpg
>http://members.aol.com/MGMagnette/mgpics/front.jpg
>
>Thanks-
>
>   John

My '73 GT is orange with blue interior also.  I actually like the color, but
my wife says it likes like baby poop.  I had it repainted (a first class
job) and I didn't even consider another color.

Don Scott