RE: Spring is Near... Buy an MGB-GT!

To: MG Enthusiasts <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Spring is Near... Buy an MGB-GT!
From: "Michael F. Adamson" <madamson@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 23:18:47 -0500
Dan,

According to the Body Paint Color Codes section in the Moss MGB catalogue=

they state "the factory paint code does not appear on the car".  Also,
while they list a "Blaze Red", described as orange, they do not show
"Butterscotch" as an original name.

This chart, compiled by Caroline Robinson and John Twist of Grand Rapids,=

Michigan is excellent showing:  Factory Color Name, Description, Factory
Code, Aftermarket Paint Manufactures' Codes, Application (RD or GT) and
Years.

Regards,
Michael.

Daniel Ray wrote:
>>Nice car, John. =

>>Ok, now I have a question. Since this GT is a '73 as is the roadster I'=
getting, can >>someone tell me what the difference is between
"Butterscotch" and "Blaze"??? >>The color of John's GT looks orange to me=
,
as does my car!
>>Is there a site or sites that might help me figure out what the name of=

the paint >>on my car is? I don't have it with me yet, although I do have=

the VIN, and I know >>there's a paint code on the body somewhere.
>>As an aside, it doesn't really turn my stomach, but I think it'll have =
be an aquired >>taste! It lends a uniqueness to the car and I'm not sure =
would want to change the >>color of the car from original when the time
does come to paint it.
Thanks
Dan