Re: Electrical Question

To: MGMagnette@aol.com
Subject: Re: Electrical Question
From: mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 12:39:54 -0700
>With the car off, should there be juice at this connection bolt?

All the brown wires are hot *all* the time.

The following chart is complements of Bob Howard.

Larry Hoy (MGB.Roadster@juno.com)
Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas
===============================

Here's the Lucas system of colors

 Black  B       Earth, ground
 Brown  N       Unfused--always a hot wire
 Purple P       Fused but always hot
 White  W       Unfused-hot when ignition is on
 Green  G       Fused- hot when ignition is on
 Blue   U       Headlamp supply-not fused
 Red    R       Parking & Tail lights, not fused but can and should
be for safety
 Yellow                  Some OD circuits

There is a tracer code too
 Red-white      RW      Park, tail as above.  W tracer leads to panel
lights
 White-black    WB      W is ignition, unfused. B is coil-distrib
connection
 Blue-Red               UR      U is headlights, R is for low beams