Re: Corroless Stabilizing Cavity Wax

To: jon.larsen@mnplan.state.mn.us
Subject: Re: Corroless Stabilizing Cavity Wax
From: Bob MGT <BobMGT@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 22:59:31 EST
jon.larsen@mnplan.state.mn.us writes:

> RE: Corroless and Eastwood
>
>  I just got a catalog from Eastwood yesterday (yippee!) and it appears that
> at least one of their products called Corroless isn't so much like Waxoyl,
> but rather is more of a chemical conversion rust stabilizer that goes on
like
> a primer coat. It comes in either spray cans or liquid pints/quarts for
brush-
> on, or maybe it can be sprayed with a sprayer. It leaves a red/brown
> indicator color coat to show coverage. No serious rust removal or metal
prep,
> according to Eastwood. Just put it on and the rust quits rusting. It doesn't
> seem to be waxy, though. I think you are supposed to be able to paint over
it.
>  Maybe they have another "Corroless' product that IS waxy? I didn't finish
> reading the catalog yet.
>
>  Knowing how books get edited, if Porter had offered techniques that
> discussed both Waxoyl and Corroless, some editor may have jammed the two
> concepts together and come up with a mythical Corroless Cavity Wax, if this
> is the only citiation anybody has seen. Just a possibility.
>
>  FWIW.
>  Jon Larsen (79MGB)

There is a picture of the aerosol can with the label clearly showing. So the
product
must exist (maybe not in the US though). Anybody across the pond heard of this
stuff?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336