Re: Defunct Marques of Any Consequence, All. -Reply

To: ctp@gbn.org
Subject: Re: Defunct Marques of Any Consequence, All. -Reply
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 03:01:16 +0000

> >JZD is still trying to start the company up... he has plans for a US$30k that
> >will wipe the Viper off the universe. All this in a SS gullwing design! =)
> >Yum!
> OH, Beautiful!! (add snide/facetious overtones here)
>
> I can just see the add campaign:
>
> "While driving in my kitchen sink...I'll have a Coke and a smile!"
>
> ctp

Maybe he can pull it off, maybe he can't, but any time I hear about
any upcoming esoteric American supercar, the one word that pops into
my mind is "Vector".  Anybody remember that one?  Was supposed to be
the "All-American" world-class sportscar about fifteen years ago?  I
hear he finally started production, but he's using a Lamborghini
engine. (so much for All-American).  I still haven't seen one yet.
        It's a wonder the Dodge Viper made it.  Of course, to sell it to the
bean counters, they had to justify the engine as a future option for
their truck line.  Can't a multi-billion dollar company make a car
just for fun?
Scott
Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com