Re: MGA Seats

To: FunE4MG <FunE4MG@aol.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGA Seats
From: johnhaynes@som-uky.campus.mci.net (John Haynes)
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 08:49:27 -0500 (EST)
At 02:48 PM 1/9/98 EST, FunE4MG wrote:
>Could one of our illustrious MGA enthusiasts give me an idea of how much
>Leather is needed to completely re-do (technical term) the interior area that
>were originally leather? I'd like to include the door rails and arm rest
>besides the typical seat bottom and back surfaces that were originally covered
>with hide.
>
>I have a line on a real nice red dyed Leather Hide but want to know how much
>material I'll need.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Tom Zylla
>'60 MGA 1600 roadster (tourer)
>
>    Hello Tom
           It took one very large hide to do my 1500. I had the same parts
covered. I also had the backs of the seats covered with the lower quality
parts of the hide ( scars, thin areas, discolered areas ), instead of the
original plastic. If you use 2 small hides, you will have problems with
grain and color matching.
Sam Haynes
59 MGA
59 TR3 Original Owner