Re: Cam Timing

To: jege@dock.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cam Timing
From: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 20:12:09 EST
At 05:14 PM 1/10/98 -0800, Greg McCauley wrote:

>I have just installed a performance camshaft in my new engine, and it has
>no guts.  I have been told it is the cam timing, so I puchased a degree
>wheel.  I have installed it on my car and it is set to top dead center.  I
>can't make any sense of how to use it beyond that.

Greg,

Check out this months Car Craft magazine. They have an article on degreeing a
cam, and how that impacts power. I havn't read it in detail yet, but it looks
to be interesting, and applicable to your question.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'74 MGBGT---3000mile/year driver, original condition, slated for a V8 soon!
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74