Riley Elf

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Riley Elf
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 15:25:05 EST
One for you UK listers -
Whilst visiting an old friend in England last week I was in need of
a cigarette - and since my friend just gave up i went outside -
of course, it was pissing with rain and blowing a gale (i remember
one of the reasons i moved to the US 18 years ago!) so i crept into
the garage - Now i visit this friend every year or so but i had never
been in this garage before and there it sits,
a 1969 Riley Elf (a mini with fins for those who dont know it)
pea green with  a cream top, 27000 original miles and totally
unrestored - but in really great shape.
apparently my friend bought it ten years ago from an older chap
who had had it from new, dried it every time it got wet and changed
the oil every 1000 miles.
It turns out that having bought it, another preferable car came along
and the thing just went into the garage pending "getting round" to
selling it.
It has been run every so often and apparently starts/runs just fine
(though i didnt put a battery in it and try it!)
Anyway, its for sale, it may be of int to one of you over there -
Or if anyone knows a Riley fan - pass it on
it really is totally original and im fairly certain a good polish is all
it needs
If it were in the US id have bought it in a heartbeat.
The car is very near to Heathrow Airport and if anyone is interested
let me know and Ill put you in touch.

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT