Re: What is fused? MGB content

To: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Subject: Re: What is fused? MGB content
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 20:27:37 +0000
Mike Lishego wrote:

> Hello all,
>         I'm sure that this has been beaten into the ground before, but I
>don't have
> any record of it in my files.  What is fused together on the MGB, and which
>fuse
> controls these items?  The car in question is a '74 MGB with no serious but
>many
> stupid electrical modifications made...Thanks in avance!
> --
> Michael S. Lishego
> St. Andrews Presbyterian College
> Elementary Education Major,
> English Minor, Class of 1999
> R.A. of Winston-Salem Hall

There are four main fuses.  The top two control the rear, parking and
front and rear side-marker lamps, one fuse for each side.  The next fuse
down controls the green circuit - fused ignition.  The bottom fuse
controls the purple circuit - fused hot.

The green circuit includes things like reverse lamps, stop lamps,
instruments and turn signals.

The purple circuit includes things like cigar lighter, courtesy lamps,
horn.

There are line fuses for things like the radio.

PaulH.