Re: NYS Emissions /w question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: NYS Emissions /w question
From: Teacher122 <Teacher122@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 18:07:22 EST
In a message dated 98-01-12 15:19:40 EST, gaither@ix.netcom.com writes:

<<
 I have a '66B with a newly rebuilt PCV (original mushroom looking affair).
  The engine is not yet in the car as I am getting ready to paint it.  Since
 my car is now exempt from California SMOG, should I put it back on?  Is
 there any value to the performance or was it just to satisfy some
 regulation?

The PCV valve ventilates blow-by gasses out of the crankcase thus allowing
your oil to stay cleaner. It also keeps the bottom of your pistons from having
to fight their way back down to the bottom of their cylinders against pressure
build up within the crankcase.  Unlike the old vent tubes, the PCV valve also
allows for "positive" ventilation of the crankcase even if  the car is not in
motion.  I would keep it on.  Just my $.03 worth.

Tom Green