Re: Tire size???

To: bearlock@erols.com
Subject: Re: Tire size???
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 22:48:46 EST
Bob,
 I'm running 195/60 X 14 Pirelli's on my 72 GT. Haven't had a problem yet
with tire scrub or sidewall roll over (and I've been know to push the
limits a few times).  And the OD of the tires is within a couple of 10ths
of the original 155x 14, the speedo is as accurate as it ever was (if
that's not an oxymoron)
  I've heard some listers say they stay with 185's.  It could start a
good debate.
  The tire guy I use, say's according to his Pirelli specs, 195 is about
the max on a 4.5" rim width (Rostyles). So that's my choice
YMMV

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget