It keeps quiting :\ Help

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: It keeps quiting :\ Help
From: Blake Wylie <bwylie@hiwaay.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 18:27:00 -0600 (CST)
I took it out on the road today for the first time after I put the gas tank
on it.  (oh...and a can of stop leak stopped the radiator leak...temporarily
anyway).  It sounded really good going down the road, and had plenty of
power.  Then it happened...like dejavu all over.  It just chugged down and
quit on me.  I pulled over, started it back up, and went along my way on the
test run.  About 15 minutes later, it did it again, and I pulled over, but
it barely kept running, but would just about out when I put any gas to
it...I then cut the engine, and started it back up, and it ran fine.  Then
maybe 5 minutes later, it did it again, but I was able to keep rolling and
crank it back up.  After that I drove it home, and didn't have any more
trouble (about 10 minutes later).

Sooo...I've put on a new gas tank and put an inline fuel filter in.  What
could be my trouble here?  Could it be some gunk left in the carb float
bowls?  What else might it be?  Could it be *ga$p* my fuel pump cutting out
on me for a split second?  Any and all help much appreciated.  :)

Heck...the biggest thing that is bothering me is that the weather isn't good
enough to have the top down!  ;)

Thanks,

Blake Wylie
70 MGB