re: mud flaps

To: cfrazer@ballmer.uoregon.edu, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: mud flaps
From: Culgan <serenade@mail.delanet.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 20:47:24 -0500
>I notice VB has mud flaps on sale this month.  Were these original on
>rubber bumber cars, and is there any consensus that they protect the
>finish and lower panels, or do they just generate more revenue for
>catalog companies?

I installed  two pair, front and rear on my '66 MGB, after spending so much
time restoring and painting.I had seen how much mud and other road debris
was being thrown up onto the sills and bottom of rear fenders.  They did an
excellent job of protecting the panels. At the time I had bought a brand
named "Spray Cheetahs" (cute huh?), with raised white octagons from Moss I
think, this was ten years ago.  This brand seemed better than another they
were carrying at the time, and in fact the second pair I ordered was
different, which I returned these for a matching set.

I thought they were very functional and IMHO looked great too. Mine are
looking kinda shabby after all these years, I'd like to replace them -
anyone know if this brand is still available?

Dave Culgan
serenade@delanet.com
'66 MGB (grey with disc wheels and "Spray Cheetahs")